My Blog List

My Blog List

Monday 8 June 2020

The Music Box

The Music Box was a Laurel and Hardy 'short' and won an Academy Award for the best short film in 1932....this blog isn't about that, its about another music box. The new music box I ordered for us! 
Our music system was give a new lease of life a few years ago when  I came into the possession of newer speakers. Believe me it did it no end of good  but the machine was really on its way out, to the extent that the 3 CD player kept putting the CD's on top of each other  and finally the only way to open the bloody CD player door was to thump it on the side. It's days were numbered.
I've been looking for ages for a replacement that included a turntable so I could get my albums out again and eventually settled on Sony, this system has CD, radio including DAB radio, Bluetooth and space for USB's etc . The separate turntable, also Sony is Bluetoothed to the system. It sounds really good! At the weekend I waxed lyrical to Alec and Laura on the romance of the open gate fold sleeve to an album and the joy of the artwork and words that are big enough to see without a magnifier! 
The only slight problem was the headphones I'd ordered weren't compatible with the system, my fault completely but I've been able to return ,and after a phone call to Sony I know what I should get, so they will be ordered shortly so I can blow my brains out by playing it too loud! It's probably due to loud music from days back, and putting my head in speakers etc that has made me abit Mutt & Jeff anyway!  
Alec has been extolling the virtues of Spotify and the like, as this system will take that as well, and I must admit it sounds good. As he says I could listen to a new album before buying the CD if I wanted, to make sure I like it. Both he and Olly & Gary think I'll soon be hooked and only use it, not bothering with CD's, but I like the collection. I like the fact I have all the studio albums from this band or that band. I like the fact that even though its a small CD they still bother about artwork on the outside and sometimes contain interesting information and lyrics. I think something like this will be great for the car though.

No comments:

Post a Comment