My Blog List

My Blog List

Tuesday 16 July 2019

Moon

With all the documentaries and news items about the 50th anniversary of the moon landings it made me think.
I was very interested in all the moon shots, I recall a school friend brought an Airfix model of the Saturn 5 rocket into school and somehow, a gaggle of us ended up taking it from class to class telling them about the Apollo missions!
 People talk about where they were when Kennedy was shot, or more recently on 9/11. I can tell you where I was in the early hours of the 20th July 1969, I was sitting with my Dad waiting to see Neil Armstrong step onto the moon, there was apparently a billion people around the world watching. Dad woke me up about 4am I think, I was only about 8 but I remember it vividly, watching the very grainy images. Just my Dad and I watching history being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment