My Blog List

My Blog List

Wednesday 26 September 2018

Zeptember

Yes you read that right, Zeptember. It's a thing that the radio station  Planet Rock is doing to celebrate 50 years of Led Zeppelin ( Zeptember, gettit!?), but why?
To be brutally honest I have never thought that much of Led Zep, yes I know that's heresy in some rock circles but I really can't fathom why Led Zep were and are still so popular.
They've got the odd good track to be fair, 'Stairway to Heaven' of course, then there's 'Rock n Roll,' 'Whole lotta love'  & a brilliant short track called 'Hot Dog.' That's another thing, their songs go on for ages and ages, mostly far too long. I don't mind a long track, I like a bit of Prog rock, Pink Floyd, Genesis, the recent Camel gig so you can't say I don't like a long track but Zeppelins tracks are just boring with overblown guitar solos & I don't much care for Robert Plants voice either, he's now one of the venerable fathers of rock & I don't know why! His voice is far too whiny.
As a band they were only together for twelve years yet here's Planet Rock making up a celebration of  fifty years!  They are playing 200 Led Zep tracks throughout the month and their weekly 'Played in full' slot were a whole album is played from start to finish with no interruptions has been devoted to them as well. Of course if I liked Led Zep or the month was devoted to a band I liked (can't think how they'd get the play on words with the name of the month though) it would be different, frankly I'm Led Zepped out & can't wait for October!! And no, I'm not doing 'sober for October!'

No comments:

Post a Comment