My Blog List

My Blog List

Monday 17 September 2018

Curry and Chips.

That was the name of an old Spike Milligan comedy, not one I know to be honest, but as it's got nothing to do with this blog that's OK.
Our local curry house, The Vantage, was having celebrations for their 25th anniversary. It was a special £10 a head buffet and drinks & we asked our good friends Gary & Cathie to see whether they wanted top come along as well.
Must say when we arrived my heart sank. It was rammed! Queue for the drinks, queue for the food, I thought what have I done! I was probably being abit thick to be honest at such a bargain price with two free drinks as well it was never going to be half empty was it!
Anyway, we made our way outside to a marquee to find a seat. Long trestle tables had been set up to you just got in where you could, ended up sitting next to someone I'd met at Fenwick in Brent Cross, she lives locally.
The selection of food was OK, unless you specified you got something of everything, it was nice, only warm though. However the company was excellent & the evening got better as the crowds thinned out , there were some very good Indian dancers and a huge cake shaped like an elephant...…..the two things are not connected, the dancers didn't jump out of the cake!  
Didn't expect it to be a very late evening but we sat and chatted, moved indoors to warm up and chatted some more. We have made some good friends in Gary & Cathie & it was a very pleasant evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment