My Blog List

My Blog List

Friday 2 March 2018

'Beast from the East' my arse!

It's the tail end of winter and all of a sudden we get a cold snap........under egging that maybe, but why do we have to give it a daft name? Then The Beast from the East collided with Storm Emma. So what is it now? Storm Beast? The Beast that is Eastern Emma? Or maybe what a load of old cobblers!
It is cold though, I took Ida out yesterday and it was minus 5 ! Did a walk I haven't done in ages that went around the whole of Kensworth quarry. Only a couple of miles but once you get away from the park you see very few people  it seems no one ventures too far from the park! Must say I felt like Scott of the Antarctic in some places on the walk. Just after the area where I took the following phots you get to an exposed area over a couple of fields, the wind was just whipping up the snow to a blizzard! Still, better to be Scott of the Antarctic rather than Captain Oates!
A treat when I returned as Tara had made some very good mulled cider to keep out the worst of the cold & very good it was too! Ida had a little warm Ready Brek . All in all a great walk, quite exhilarating to be honest.......But I still hate cold weather!
Still a working quarry as its chalk it doesn't look much different!

Ida enjoying what dogs enjoy.








Cold but being refreshed with mulled cider.

Drifting snow on the roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment