My Blog List

My Blog List

Friday 12 January 2018

Fast Eddie.

Another one bites the dust. Fast Eddie Clarke one of the original members of Motorhead has died, so all the originals are now dead. It's not strictly true to call them all originals I think there was a couple of line up changes in the very early days (Larry Wallis I think) but the line of  Lemmy on bass, Phily Phil Taylor on drums & Fast Eddie on guitar was the band who made Motorhead popular and of course got into the charts with 'Ace of Spades.' He was only 67 years old so no great age.
I met them all once, bizarrely at  Saxon gig. They were at the bar & my friends & I noticed who they were just before everyone else did! They were kind enough to give me their autographs and it certainly made our evening!
He only sang on a few songs, namely 'Beer drinkers & hell raisers,' 'I'm your witch doctor,' 'Step down,' 'Stone dead forever,'(on the Bomber deluxe album ) and 'Emergency' the b side of 'St Valentines day Massacre' EP made with Girlschool, leaving most of the vocals to Lemmy.
Fast Eddie left Motorhead in 1982 , a long time ago it must be said. He went on to form a band called Fastway, saw them the year before last supporting Saxon with Girlschool also in the line up. To be honest I found them a bit predicable in what they played, it was all rather pedestrian  which is a shame. He came back out on stage with Saxon later on for a rendition of 'Ace of Spades' in memory of Lemmy. Now Fast Eddie has joined his old band mates......or not as the case maybe. The legendary Motorhead really are no more.



No comments:

Post a Comment