My Blog List

My Blog List

Friday 10 November 2017

Away again.

Couple of trips away for work again, both quite unremarkable but a good feed and a couple of beers always helps! Shropshire beckoned and I again stayed at the Lion Hotel in Shrewsbury town centre.
 

 
They had they very tasty Wye Valley HPA on which I enjoyed after a long days drive. Had soup as a starter, unusual for me though when I order soup I always enjoy it. This was red pepper and tomato, very  nice & as you can see I enjoyed it so much I forgot the photo before I ate it! A different main tonight as well. Not a steak or pie or fish n chips but a veggie mushroom and pepper roll made with filo pastry on a blue cheese sauce with fresh veg. It was delicious. Desert was brie with apples in syrup with biscuits. I'd fully intended to wander over to the pub I'd found in Shrewsbury that has bands on a Tuesday night but to be honest after being fed and watered I couldn't be arsed. Bed by 9.45pm. Not very rock n roll I know but it had been a long day!
About a week later I was in Norfolk & stayed at a place that was new to me the Wayford Bridge Inn at Stalham about 12 miles from Norwich. On the strangely named River Ant it was quite pleasant. Bar are & restaurant are well set out and homely but the rooms need bit of an update. All clean and everything but just abit tired.   However a pint of Old Speckled Hen for the weary traveller slipped down a treat. There was wifi in the bar/restaurant are so I was able to use my laptop during dinner. I had a prawn and avocado timbale for starters, it was a prawn cocktail more or less to be honest, but it tasted good, followed by an excellent chicken casserole and dumplings. Good hearty dumplings they were too (Oh Matron!) and very filling so no pud. A decent fry up next morning set me up for the day and off I went again, today being able to pop into see my Nephew which was good.



No comments:

Post a Comment