My Blog List

My Blog List

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Tom Petty

Saddened to hear that another great rocker departed far too early today. Unfortunately I never saw him on stage, I think I'm right in saying he didn't come to the UK very often but he was one of a breed of rock n roll star that had something special. I've only got one CD of his & its a 'greatest hits' album, having just played it again I think every track is a gem. One of my faves is 'Into the great wide open'  with the line about being a rebel without a clue! I like that.
I also liked him in the 'Travelling Wilburys' & of course there's only two of them left now! (Jeff Lynn & Bob Dylan). I suppose what touched me the most was the fact that he's a name in rock n roll that, to a greater extent, I've grown up with and I've always enjoyed his music. We've lost far too many of late & the passing of the likes of Lemmy, Rick Parfitt, David Bowie & now Tom Petty has diminished that great vibe that is rock music. There'll never be another.

No comments:

Post a Comment