My Blog List

My Blog List

Tuesday 8 August 2017

The joy of..........watching a rubbish film

The Memsahib & I had a hectic week last week. We both flopped onto the settee Wednesday evening & watched a very interesting programme about sweet makers through the ages. They were at Blists Hill in Shropshire where we have been so made it all the more interesting.
I suppose we both just vegged out abit & were still sat sitting there for the next programme, a film called 'Man up.'
It was a rom-com I suppose. It was British which was different in itself and starred Simon Pegg, I've liked some other stuff he's been in, 'Hot Fuzz' for instance & 'Run fat boy run' which certainly passed the time, so I was prepared to give it a go.
It's basically a forty something bloke (Pegg) thinking his twenty something blind date is infact a thirtysomething bint (Lake Bell) who has, in a series of misunderstandings met him instead of the other girl (Ophelia Lovibond). They get on like a house on fire until she eventually owns up......so they don't get on for while, meet his soon to be ex-wife and one of her loony friends (superbly played by Rory Kinnear who seems good at playing slightly strange characters) who is still holding a candle for her.
After saying goodnight, he realises he's been a complete arse & tries to find her again, she is after all the love of his life. After a ridiculous  ride & run through South London ( I think) he finds her & of course, after a heartfelt speech they fall into each others arms, end up having bit of a grapple & on cue the credits roll......................A bigger load of old cobblers I haven't watched in along time but it was a pleasant load of old cobblers and whiled away our hectic day.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment