My Blog List

My Blog List

Saturday 26 August 2017

Friday Night Dinner.

Not the comedy series though as usual it descended into chaos! No, it didn't really, we had an  excellent evening with Gary & Ellie who came over to dinner.
Just had veg & shop brought dips as a light starter and then I cooked the Rick Stein recipe I've done before of baked sea bream Rota style, though I couldn't get four bream so got bass instead which worked equally well. Follow this link for the recipe :http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/baked_sea_bream_28386
Pud was a little different, called Austrian Cheesecake it was a Mary Berry recipe  there's no biscuit base so it was good for Tara & Gary. Basically mixed curd cheese (philli), ground almonds, polenta, egg yolks, sugar, then added the whisked egg whites. Baked for 30 minutes & then left to cool for an hour in the turned off oven. Very tasty though I say so myself!
I tried to get a different  beer to go with each course rather than wine. Both the veg & the Rota bass call for a light beer, though unfortunately I got light wheat beers but Ellie & I enjoyed them! A fine Hobgoblin ale called King Goblin accompanied the pud, at 6.6% it was quite pokey. I'll have to try the different beer with  courses again I think. Anyway a brilliant evening!
Chopped parsley to add to garlic and salt to rub into the fish.

 
Onions, garlic, bay leaves, green peppers cook away.
Four beheaded sea bass  and the Rota mix in the mortar.


Austrian Cheesecake.


Chopped peeled tomatoes now added to the mixture.

Served up and ready to go!

Cheesecake cut.

G,E and Charlie our house guest this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment