My Blog List

My Blog List

Thursday 27 July 2017

A room with a view!

A hotel with a sea view is where I stayed near Cromer last night........unfortunately it wasn't a sea view from my room though, more a view of the local Spar which was very dull and had far less boats, however with a decent pint of Doom Bar on offer in the bar I could console myself about the naff view. This beer had come along way as it's a Cornish brewery & it seems popular just about everywhere at the moment. The cask ale is 4% strength and I have to say one of my faves, incidentally the name comes from the sand banks in the Camel Estuary in Cornwall.
The restaurant had a sea view though, had Whitebait (again, I know but I like it) with a little lemon juice & brown bread & butter then a very acceptable steak & kidney pud, mash & veg. Only criticism would be that the pastry was abit thick and the base was quite hard, however I enjoyed it for all that.
Had a stroll after all that stodge, found a war memorial to the Royal Engineers bomb disposal experts of World War Two that I forgot to photo & saw a lovely rainbow out at sea which I remembered to photo. A pleasant hotel that I'll probably stay in again, Decent brekky then off for another day round Norfolk only being marred by having a flat tyre. Bugger!



     

No comments:

Post a Comment