My Blog List

My Blog List

Thursday 6 April 2017

The joy of...........new t shirts.

I like a t shirt with a good design on it. Maybe a band or something funny or just relevant to me or not. My Consultant who I still see twice a year, always remarks he's never seen so many different t shirts! I suppose I do have a few, I haven't counted them but there are......a few!
I'm very pleased with my latest two acquisitions pictured here:


 The top one is an old comic called Jimmy Edwards. One of his comic roles was as a teacher with gown, mortar board etc called 'Wacko' it was a TV series. I remember it as being very funny, I wonder whether it has stood the test of time? The minute I saw this t shirt it made me laugh, I had to have it!
The other one is from my favourite 'Carry On' film the redoubtable 'Carry on Screaming.'
It's a pastiche of the Hammer Productions horror films of the 1950's & 60's. Made in 1966 I actually first saw it at the cinema with my Mum  and Brother, not in 1966, I'd only have been three & Paul only 1 but a few years later. It was on a double bill with another fave 'Carry On', 'Carry on Cleo' set in Roman times with Julius Caesars great line- 'Infamy,infamy, they've all got it infamy!' 
'Carry on Screaming' starred Harry H Corbet from 'Steptoe and Son' in his only 'Carry On' film as police Inspector Sidney Bung. What a name! It also starred Fenella Fielding, who my Dad definitely had a thing about! and of course Kenneth Williams pictured on the t shirt with his great line of 'Frying tonight!' as his latest victim was lowered into a vat of molten wax. 
I do like a good t shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment