My Blog List

My Blog List

Tuesday 22 November 2016

Footie & Brewdog!?

So here's the thing. I'm staying at a very nice hotel in Norfolk I don't usually stay at because it's too dear. £150 B&B in the season but greatly reduced in November! I've done the usual miles & bloody miles driving and am now knackered & can't be arsed to go into the restaurant so have elected to eat in the bar. It's a golf course and hotel that I'm staying in so of course on the TV in the bar is on sport.
 I have the pleasure of watching the Spurs v Monaco Champions League game ( I've just had to google that as I haven't a clue what the game is)  and I'd like to tell you that after all these years I've finally seen the light & can see the point of footie................I'd like to  tell you that but it would be a lie, and what's more you know it!
Thank Buddha I've brought my laptop along so I can do this blog or go on Face Book etc.
Beer tonight is Wherry, a pint known to me in this part of the world, a Woodfordes  Brewery beer, at 3.8% a good Tuesday night beer, my usual preference of a nice citrus tang to it & joy of joys  Brewdog has made it to Norfolk!
I was first introduced  to the beautiful Brewdog range  of craft beers by my good buddy Andrew. The beer  comes all the way from Scotland in various forms, the only beer here is Punk IPA, a bit poky at 5.6%  but then its a small bottle. Strangely a number of friends who like a beer have tried Brewdog, at my insistence, & not really liked it. I'm amazed! I have eaten tonight as well! A very good steak, mushroom and ale pie  with mash and veg........forgot I'd had similar last night  but what the hell!
Not a clue what's happening with the footie  which is as you'd expect. Another bottle of Brewdog and I'll call it a day I think. Night all!
Pint of Wherry.

Brewdog Punk IPA

Delicious steak, mushroom and ale pie.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment