My Blog List

My Blog List

Sunday 5 June 2016

The Alec and Laura Farewell Tour begins!

Well Alec and Laura have been saving and working hard for about 5 years and now they are really going round the world! Tickets booked (first stop Thailand) onward round East Asia & Australia for Xmas I believe. Wow!
The jabs they've needed and insurance has cost them the best part of £1000 each but as I've said to them both its better safe than sorry. This was the first part of what I've called their Farewell Tour because over the next couple of weeks all the people who love them want to wish them well & Bon Voyage and why not!
The brilliant thing about this dinner was that it was a complete surprise for Alec and Laura. They knew they were going for a meal with Laura's Mum Kathy but had no idea that waiting in the restaurant would be me, Tara, Gary, Ellie, Oliver, Ella, Julian, Tim ,Beren & from Laura's family Seamus, Pat and Ann.
A great time was had by all & Lina and her staff at Chez Jerome made the night very special for us, even down to bespoke menu's for our party photographed here.
 The food , as usual was really good, I had Poached Asparagus & egg with Hollandaise sauce for starters and for main Tenderloin of Pork with creamy port sauce, potatoes and veg. Pud was Vanilla Crème Brulee  (but in my excitement I forgot to photo it!) washed down with a couple of bottles of Pedigree Ale.

  Their countdown has really begun now. We'll miss them both terribly and hope they have loads of great adventures and a brilliant time!

1 comment: