My Blog List

My Blog List

Saturday 25 June 2016

Norfolk

A night away in Norfolk this week & stayed at the 'Dabbling Duck' in Great Massingham. It was very nice. Some good beers enticed me to the bar (like I needed encouragement!) and I found the delightful 'Worth the Wait' a local beer brewed  by Beeston Brewery near Kings Lynn. Quite citrusy and refreshing ( you can find me in most gutters at the weekend suitably refreshed) at 4.2% not too pokey for a mid week couple of pints. 
As usual the high spot of a business night away is the dinner and this pub didn't let me down. Asparagus to start, cooked so it was tender but not tough with a hollandaise 'custard' & confit egg and a piece of crisp bacon. Photo is abit dark but I think you can make it out. Main meal was a  steak burger with bacon jam & cheese with dripping chips and a little coleslaw. Delicious and very filling so I missed out on pud. 
Back to my room that overlooked the village green, I'd been up very early this morning so I hit the sack around 10.30pm & slept though until about 8am. A good old Full English Breakfast set me up for the day & off I went.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment